1) Establish a routine that works best for you and stick to it. Whether it is eating 3 meals a day and 1 or 2 snacks, or having 5 or 6 small meals per day, or doing intermittent fasting. Whatever it is have a system that is continuous.
2) Listen to your body. Eat when you’re hungry, drink when you’re thirsty.
3) Find a balance between eating delicious, nutritious meals, and overindulging in empty calories.
4) It’s ok to indulge occasionally as long as you do something to compensate for it. For example, if you decide you want to have ice cream as your dessert one night, enjoy it! But do something to burn off the excess calories the next day, or maybe have 3 meals and no desserts for the next 2 days.
5) Do some form of exercise regularly for at least 30 minutes, 3 or more times per week. Either an online workout, or a bike ride, or go outside with a jump rope, jog, or jump on your elliptical machine, take a Zumba class, etc. You will feel more motivated to do more exercise once you start.
6) If you like to cook, find some fabulous recipes online, or cooking instructions on you tube. Get your family involved. It is a great way to pass the time while at home.
7) Stock your refrigerator with healthy foods, and your pantry with healthy snacks. And maybe one indulgent snack per week.
8) Have a glass of wine if you are so inclined.If weight is an issue, have clear alcohol like tequila, vodka, gin. Best option for weight conscious individuals.
9) Finish eating before 8pm. That includes snacking. Unless you go to bed at 1am then you can eat up to 9pm.
10) Exercise is for managing stress, Eating is for nourishment and enjoyment. Try not to eat to manage stress.
You can contact Carly at 646-226-1745 or email me at email@example.com